Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Update: April 8, 2013

It's Monday, and I'm a bit of a grump today. I don't really know why, all I know is that I didn't sleep well. Combine that with other silly things, like the internet not cooperating, and that means I'm in a bad mood. I'll make this a quick one, and hopefully go take a nap or something and get happier.
This week, I've been working on a whole lot of brand new things. The first two are part of a set. I'm still working on the smaller black thing. It's been set aside, because working with double points can frustrate me sometimes. Case in point, this particular item that I am knitting was ripped out because it was gigantic. I cast on a swatch of sorts, but knit flat on the same needles. When I did it in the round, I cast on less stitches than the swatch told me to do, and it still ended up huge. Frogged, cast on even less stitches, and it's a lot better. I can't wait to have it finished, photographed, and shared with all of you!
Like I said, this second photo goes with the first. It's out of completely different yarn, but they compliment each other pretty nicely. They're both vintage yarn I got from the woman last year.  I used three balls of yarn on the larger, multi coloured piece. I think the smaller one will use a whole ball, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm really bad a guessing yardage. I can see a small ball of yarn left, and think I can only do another row or two. Then, six rows later, I'm actually almost out. It's a little annoying to say the least.

This third photo is actually of a couple things. But, I'm keeping it all hush hush until I have it ready to sell. I don't want to ruin the surprise! It used three balls of yarn.
I knit another pair of things that used another ball of purple Homespun. That means six balls of yarn eliminated this week! This brings me to -19 for this year. That actually puts me ahead of schedule. I was figuring one ball eliminated per week, on average. We're less than 14 weeks into the new year, so I can breathe a little bit!
Anyway, I'm off to workout or otherwise get away from the computer. I don't know what is wrong, but it's more than frustrating right now. I hope your day is going better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment