Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Knitting Update: April 22, 2013

These past few days have been super productive for me. I've been working a bit, but still getting lots of knitting done.
Last week, when Rick and I went to Trinkets and Treasures, we stopped at Michael's on the way back. I picked up two skeins of Luxury Wool to pair with two other skeins I have, as well as two skeins of Homespun. This adds 4 skeins to my stash down, bringing me to -10. I have a few projects in mind that will finish off some skeins, so more progress should be made soon!
Mel at Trinkets has asked some of the shop participants to make baby blankets in non traditional colours. I picked up some hot pink, and bright royal blue to stripe with charcoal for some more modern blankets. I finished the pink and grey, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through the blue now. I am loving the way they're turning out!
I've also been working on props this week! The middle photo on the right is of a Wool Ease Thick and Quick blanket I made. That little tail, all 8 or so inches of it, is what I had left after the bind off. I LOVE when this happens! I didn't waste a single inch of yarn! This finished off a nice big bulky skein of Wool Ease, which means this week I am actually -11 total! The nice thing about T&Q is that they're HUGE skeins, but not a whole lot of yardage, so they make a noticeable dent in the stash when they disappear. I have another blanket on the needles using two skeins of this awesome yarn, so that just about clears out half a drawer in my storage area!
Overall, this week has been a good one. I've been talking with a photographer about taking photos of some of my items, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how that works out.
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment