Friday, April 26, 2013

My Week In Instagrams: April 26, 2013

This past week, I've been knitting. A lot. More than usual. I have a craft show next weekend, and I want to have a good stock of baby knits available. I'm considering only setting up the winter stuff that is on super sale, and then focusing on my baby knits and earrings. I'll have to see how large my space is, and if I'll have room to do that.
Anyway, this is what I've been up to this week!
Like I said, lots of knitting. I made this "baby" had in the same colours as the blanket I brought into Trinkets and Treasures (A photo of that later on in the post). It was supposed to be baby sized, but I think it's big enough for a 3 year old. Oh well, live and learn. I pretty much made up the pattern, with no idea how large a newborns head actually is, so I don't count it as a fail.
Second! Rick made some awesome chicken and rice soup this week. There are leeks and carrots in there, too, which makes it extra yummy. I think I'm going to have a bowl of that as soon as I'm done this post!
I've been eating a lot of A&W the past little while.  They recently changed their packaging, and there is this little blurb on the back of it. It's a great thought, but if the waste is just going in the garbage, which goes to the landfill, it's not going to decompose much faster than their old packaging. Great idea on paper, but in practice, it's really just greenwashing.
Last night at work, I had another Tim Hortons tea. This has started to become a regular thing for me. Which is good, I need to up my tea intake!
Here is the blanket I brought to Trinkets and Treasures. It's a pretty variegated green with a light tan. It's 20x30, so not huge, but big enough for a stroller or car seat. I have a couple more blankets in the same size that I will share with you guys on Monday.
I'm really hoping these baby knits go well. If they do, I will start making more, and then have something for spring/summer craft shows. I love knitting them, no matter if they sell or not. If I have them for an extended period of time, I will probably donate the hats to LeeLee Hats and figure out something to do with the blankets. I hope it doesn't come to that!
What are you fine ladies (and gents?) up to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment